Welcome to the
Somerton Community Website
Click an event for more details. Events Diary – If you have an event or meeting that you would like to add to the events pages Please email email@example.com with the details
- Please double check individual events on the Website Diary are still taking place due to the coronavirus
- 28th March – Laburnum Drive Residents Committee have put all their meetings, parties, Coach Trips and all their activities on hold, for the foreseeable future. The Community Hall is closed for their use. They wish all their friends and supporters a healthy future, and until such times when all this is over, they want you to know they MISS you.
- 27th March – Somerton Sports Club closed until further notice.
- 20th March – Somerton Lifeline – There has been an amazing response of 45 people who have put their names forward to help those in need during the current crisis. If there are any more volunteers, please contact Mo Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or 01458 274631“
- 20th March – All the meetings of the Embroidery Group at Edgar Hall have been cancelled until further notice
- 19th March – History Society’s meetings are cancelled in April, May and June.
- 19th March – SLAPS meetings – like most other folk, we shall not be meeting for the time being
- 19th March – Kirkham Street Field Easter Bunny Hunt has been cancelled
- 19th March – Wessex Country Market weekly event cancelled until further notice- but some preserves can be collected from producer on 01458253508
- 18th March – Somerton Town Council.
All public meetings will be cancelled and the office will be closed until further notice.
The office staff will be working from home and will be dealing with emails (the preferred method of contact) as normal. The clerk will be visiting the office a couple of times each week to pick up mail and may be contacted by telephone on 07854 813 919 We apologise for any inconvenience in these unprecedented circumstances.
- 18th March – meetings of Somerton Carers and Coffee and more at West Street Church on 2nd and 4th Fridays (except April 3rd instead of 10th) are currently suspended for the foreseeable future.
- 18th March – Please look at Somerton MC’s website www.somerton-mc.co.uk or their Facebook page for updates about the club’s meetings. At the moment they will not be running any trials until at least the end of April.
- 18th March – Meetings for Somerton W.I and Versus Arthritis have been cancelled for the coming months due to the current problems with Corona Virus
- 18th March – Somerton Quilters have decided to cancel all their meetings until further notice.
- 18th March – In the interests of the health and wellbeing of the community, as of Thursday 19th March 2020 all public libraries in Somerset will be closed until further notice. During this time customers will be unable to borrow or return any items. No overdue charges or additional hire charges will apply on any items during this time. All reservations have been cancelled and will not be available to collect. Please remember library services are available 24/7 at SomersetReads.co.uk where you can download e-books, audiobooks and magazines. For updates please visit SLS’s website Somerset.gov.uk/libraries or follow us on social media:Twitter: @SomersetLib | Instagram: somersetlibraries Facebook: Somerset-Libraries-UK.
- 18th March – West Street Church is closed for the time being because of the Coronavirus. Also Rainbow Rascals, Singing for Fun. The Charity Lent Lunches have stopped for this year.
- 18th March – The Langport and Somerton Rotary Club is not meeting until the crisis has passed.
- 18th March – David Osmond 01458 273101 We took over the Courtyard Café about 6 months ago and are just wanting to try to offer our elderly regular customers who are unable to visit currently or anyone else self isolating the opportunity to get their regular hot meal or whatever they choose through our home delivery service that we have decided to start as of today.
- 18th March – Nearly New Sale on the 28th March at ACEarts Somarton has been postponed until later in the year.
- 18th March – Somerset Wildlife Trust Heart of the Levels – The programme for talks and walks for the foreseeable future has been cancelled. Talks in the Parish Rooms are expected to resume in September.
- 18th March – Long Sutton Quakers have cancelled their Meeting for Worship which they normally hold at their Meeting House from 11.00 to 12.00 on Sundays. The Meeting House is shut and they are encouraging their worshipers to sit at home in silence for a similar period. They will be keeping in touch with each other and welcome any queries (01458 223094). Richard Montagu
- 18th March – All Church services – as well as any other event – at St. Cleers Chapel will be cancelled until at least 20th April
- 18th March – In line with the Government’s current advice, meetings of Somerton Probus Club are postponed until further notice
- 18th March – All sections of the Scout Group are closed at the moment due to the Coronavirus.
- 17th March – The Street & Glastonbury Recorded Music Group meetings have been postpone until such times as the government lifts restrictions
- 17th March – Bristol Hippodrome is closed for an unknown time. This means all Charity Theatre Trips are off until the theatre re-opens.
- 17th March – With immediate effect the Citizens Advice South Somerset services for clients will only be available by phone, email or whatsapp. Face to face drop-ins and appointments are no longer available.
- 17th March – Castle Cary Skittle League and Somerton Darts League have been SUSPENDED WITH ALL REMAINING LEAGUE & CUP MATCHES TO BE PLAYED AT LATER NOTIFIED DATES ON THE CLEARING OF THE VIRUS also including the Huish & Langport Cricket Club
- 17th March – Laburnum Drive. Our get-togethers in our Community Hall will not take place, nor Coach Trips, for the foreseeable future
- 17th March – Linda’s Line Up all line dance classes cancelled for the foreseeable future
- 16th March – Somerton Sings for Fun has been canceled until July
- 16th March – Somerton Moviola has been canceled on the 21st March
- 16th March – Green Gardeners meetings have been cancelled until the AGM in September.
Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the information on this website is both accurate and up to date, the Somerton Community Website does not accept any liability to any party for loss, or damage incurred by reliance placed on the information contained in this website or through omission or errors how so ever caused.